Monday, June 16, 2008

When Recipes don't look like they ought to be...

This is a video on HOW to crotchet a circle.









And NOT this:




According to the pattern I have, I was supposed to:
First Motif
Chain 6, Join with Slip stitch to form circle. (This was where I went very wrong. I slipped stitched the entire chain.)
First round
Chain 3, 23 double crochet in ring. Slip stitch in top of chain 3. (This is where I'm like, WHAT? How do you even crochet a circle?!?!)
Second round
Chain 3. 1 double crotchet in each double crotchet to end of round. Slip stitch in top of chain3. 24 stitches. (This is where it starts becoming gibberish. There are even more steps after this second round for the third round..! ACK!)


When books don't do enough justice to visual presentation, I am so thankful for people who take the initiative to upload help videos. Well, I guess it's back to ripping my stitches apart for the umpteenth time....

So, after ripping it apart three times while trying to get the hang of crocheting a circle, this is how my first strip looks like:

No comments: