Thursday, June 12, 2008

Your Past Can Come Back to Haunt You

Out of curiosity, I googled myself. I'm happy to see that this blog has made it to being somewhere within the first two pages of the search list. Nonetheless, my gutsy-ness never fails to haunt me: I was surprised to be able to find myself on the first page of the search when I typed in my full name. There it was: four delegates from my high school representing the debate club in the model legislature. http://www.shep.net/newsletters/Feb2002.PDF If you were to persuade me into joining a debate club now, I would have to think more than TWICE before saying yes. Debates, however, are fun, but only when you have got the facts right.

A newsletter from (oh, gosh) 6 years ago!! There is supposedly a Shep's 50th reunion this fall, but I'm not going (despite it being a great networking opportunity). I guess I've had enough of eating expensive rubbery chicken at the Northlands Agricom. I wouldn't want to relive my Grade 12 grad if I could help it. That chapter has been long closed even though I still ocassionally keep in touch with a few people I've met from that high school.

Well, one day when my butt starts to sag due to age and gravity, I hope what I am doing right now would not come back to haunt me. Well, I know a few poems from my childhood and teenagehood have. Most of us had those kind of moments: what the hell were we thinking??

Yep, if we say before we think, we will think too much later before we say. Therefore, we can say that conclusively it is better to think before we walk the talk. After all, as the old saying goes, empty vessels make more sound; kinda like this blog entry -- there is no actual meaningful content. Wait, I am contradicting myself, aren't I? Have I lost you yet?

No comments: