Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Customer is Not Always Right

Being in part-time retail for a couple years, I have learnt to be more cynical and tactful when it comes to customers who demand they are always right. You would also learn to appreciate other people's stories... with a chuckle or two. Below is a story from this website: http://notalwaysright.com

Personally, I Prefer Stars And Polkadots

Tourist Shop | Vancouver, BC, Canada

American customer: “Your flag is just so pretty. I love maple leaves. Does it come in blue?”

Me: “Um, no, sorry, only red.”

American customer: “That’s a shame. My kitchen is blue, and it would look so pretty on the wall. You should make them in other colours.”

Me: “…”

Canadian customer behind her: “That’s a good point. I’ve always thought the stars-and-stripes would look great in earth tones.”

American customer: “Our flag is ALWAYS red, white and blue! Honestly, Canadians are so stupid sometimes.”

No comments: