Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wishlist

Arts and Crafts
I have always wanted to learn how to oil paint as a child. I have an easel; I draw from time to time, but somehow, oil paints was never explored. I was somewhat working on a watercolour pencil crayon project; I haven't got back to it yet since my college papers beckon me towards their direction with meticulous analyzing, writing and citing.

It would be really cool to get this:







The only oil medium I have been exposed to is oil pastels. It is a little tricky to use, but after a lot of blending and mixing, you can get a really cool painterly effect. Nonetheless, it would also be cool to get stretched canvas, oil paints and brushes for Christmas. A Staedtler Fineliner Set would also be cool since I do a lot of comic drawings. If you'd like to see colour on my comics, Fineliners would come in so handy!

*sigh, it's a good thing I have two days off after my last final exam. Guess where I would be heading: craft stores. It's bad when craft stores, bookstores and music stores are all sorts of candy stores to me.

Meanwhile, I am meeting up with an Artist on the Ward volunteer coordinator tomorrow! This would probably be the most humbling volunteering experience; it's a great way to give back to the community.

Money
On a not so serious note, it would be cool to get cash, just like during the Chinese lunar new year. After all, I would most likely won't spend it, but rather invest it in something. This is why I am a Finance major. On a grim note, my balanced mutual fund is experiencing a $300 loss, which isn't too bad when you compare it to the TSX index within the same period. However, this is only normal -- as long as you keep the money long term, it will grow despite all the short term turbulences and bumps.

Need more cowbells to cure this headache.

No comments: